Elon Musk has been teasing this forever, and its finally here… DOGE Tesla Merch Payments. Much WHOA!
— Matt Wallace (@MattWallace888) January 14, 2022
From absolutely nowhere, Tesla merchandise was available to be purchased using Dogecoin (DOGE) on Tesla’s official website.
Recommended: Dogecoin Trailmap Promises World Domination
- There was no announcement from the ev-maker, but news made the rounds on Twitter. Users on Twitter are reporting that items are sold out.
- Source code leaked the other day hinted at Dogecoin payments via Tesla thanks to software developer Tree of Alpha.
- Last month, Tesla CEO
Hank ScorpioElon Musk announced that the EV maker would soon begin taking Dogecoin as payment for merchandise. “Tesla will make some merch buyable with Doge & see how it goes,” Musk said. If the sales mean anything, it’s going pretty great.
- Musk famously stopped accepting Bitcoin as payment for Teslas earlier this year over environmental concerns. The CEO did say he would resume payments if certain issues were addressed.
- DOGE is as of press time up 12% in the last 24 hours. It’s trading in the 19 cent USD range.
- The DOGE Army is obviously enthused.
— ScoopDoge, Juris Doge (@scoopdoge) January 14, 2022